Monday, October 24, 2011

Debug

Today I installed the kinect drivers on the actual Windows PC to be used in the installation. I am grateful that it is brand new and has lots and lots of RAM. Running all tests on kinect is A JOY. Unlike the situation on my mac itself, which induces MORE AND MORE RAGING PANIC because I can visibly see the lag.




Problem: When installing on Windows 7 (32bit), running glview, glpclview, as3-server generates the following error:

"freenect_win_as3server_0.9b\libusb0.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error."

My Mac runs Windows 7 (64bit) so I hadnt encountered this before. Luckily the solution was easy to find; simply a matter of finding the right USB driver for the job.

Solution: Copy libusb0_x86.dl from the freenect_drivers > xbox nui camera > x86 folder, paste it into folder where as3server is, and rename it to libusb0.dll




Problem: Need to import Flex Project to Flash Project.

Picture 19
Just press update.




Next Problem: "ArgumentError: Error #1063: Argument count mismatch on Spring(). Expected 0, got 5.'

I was moving a flex project over to flashcs5 so i could have more control over the look of the interface with kinect, buttons and all. However, the working code i had simply broke at this one point, returning this miscreant error.

So I have a Spring that is expecting to receive 5 values but for SOME REASON it says it expects 0? I checked the Spring class and it was properly constructed. I checked the other classes and they were all straightforward. So what was wrong? My initial thoughts: maybe the deserializer has to construct an instance of the object before setting it's properties. So maybe I have to define a value for the arguments even if i just set them to null first. BUT THIS DIDNT WORK.

I checked it over and over again. A FEW HOURS LATER (after frantic trial and error) I JUST COMPILED IT WITH AN OLDER VERSION OF FLASH/playerglobal.swc for Flash PLayer 10.3. AND THEN THE THING WORKED? I still have no idea why such an error would surface in Flash CS5. I can't see why. It was not very complicated to begin with. Sometimes AS3 really annoys me. Grrrrrrrrrrrr.

SOLUTION:
Picture 5

Also to move a flex project over you will be prompted if you use flex stuff so you can import the SDK as well. Woo and yay. In the end i used flex sdk 3.5. someone explain to me the difference between 3.5 and 4. But explain it to me later when i have more time to comprehend this all slowly.

PS: IF YOU RANDOMLY IMPORT LOTS OF SWCs IN FOR NO GOOD REASON YOU WILL ALSO BREAK OTHER PARTS OF YOUR CODE. THe intricacies of this are lost upon me at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment