Friday, October 14, 2011

Introduction

This blog will document the two week push to convert my multitouch table project into a projection-based installation using kinect sensors.

The original project was made possible as part of the exhibition I was building for the Substation Open Call. It consisted of a multitouch table which I built from scratch and programmed with reactivision and flash. I am not formally trained in math or computing but I am always interested as a hobbyist and in learning more about how sensors and cameras can be used for interactivity - how the images are processed and how we use this intelligently to understand what human gestures were made so that we can program a suitable response.

I am keeping this blog both as a record for myself as well as to share the information on how I put it together (or how I decoded what was going on from information on the internet and put it into practice).

No comments:

Post a Comment